Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Eclair Cake

I love summer parties and this recipe reminds me of my dear friend Vickie! We lost her this past year and this is a treat she always made for a summer picnic. She is missed but this reciepe is my favoirte and I make it often and think of her!
 
Eclair cake is not really a cake but a wonderful pudding dessert that tastes just like an eclair donut! This is one dessert you should make the day before it is better if it sits overnight and blends!

What you need:
2 boxes of instant french vanilla pudding
8 oz. container of cool whip
1 box of graham crackers
1 container of chocolate icing
 
 
 
 
 
I also use a throw away foil pan for this dessert because someone always wants to take the left overs home and then I don't have to worry about getting my pan back.
 
First you need to mix your instant pudding and let it firm up in the fridge. I like to let it sit for at least an hour.
 
 
 
Once the pudding is set you need to take it and mix it with an 8 oz. container of cool whip. Beat this until fluffy and just mixed. If you over beat this it will get runny!
 
 
I always use three layers of graham crackers for this recipe. I layer the bottom of the pan covering all the nooks. You may have to break up the crackers to get them to fit. I doesn't have to be pretty just covered.
 
 
Then you cover with half the pudding cool whip mixture and the then layer with another round of graham crackers.
 
 
Add another layer of pudding cool whip mixture and cover again with graham crackers. Making a nice layered pan of pudding and graham crackers.
 
 
 
Finally take the icing remove the foil seal and pop in the microwave for 15-45 seconds until the icing is melted and lump free. Pour the melted icing over the whole pudding mixture. I use a knife to spread an even layer of the whole thing. Then put in the fridge overnight this hardens the icing and makes the graham crackers soft!
 
 
I promise this will be a HIT! If you love eclair donuts this is the dessert for you!
 



2 comments:

  1. So, this looks absolutely horrible you, yet so flippin' good! I will have to try this when I am in a hurry to make something for a potluck. Thank you!

    Erin K. (erinknack08@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so good and so easy! I think this would be a huge hit at the upcoming class party at my son's school. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete