Sunday, July 7, 2013

Vanilla Fruit Salad

When summer rolls around and the picnics start I can't wait to make fruit salad. Fruit Salad is my go to bring along for any and all parties we are invited to!
 
 I thought I would share my Vanilla Fruit Salad with you!
 
What you need:
4-6 Fruits that you love
1 packet of Instant Vanilla Pudding
 
I used:
Grapes, Kiwi, Pineapple, Cantaloupe, Strawberries, Blueberries
Bananas ( I add them the day of they get a little mushy!)
 
To start please wash all your fruit! Nice and clean fruit is the best fruit of all! Next peel and cut all fruit into bite size uniform pieces no large chunks! Next mix all fruit together into the bowl stir gently to mix. Once mixed add 3-4 tablespoons of dried instant french vanilla pudding mix and stir gently until all fruit is coated it will look a little funny that is ok!
 
 
 
Put into serving bowl and refrigerate overnight. The pudding mixes with the juice from the fruit and creates a sweet sauce. So no need to add any sugar to sweeten!


This flies so fast at all the picnics we go to and everyone wants to know what I did to the fruit. So this is our little secret! Enjoy!




1 comment:

  1. What is with the people who come to your site. You have the most amazing recipes, not to mention a dozen other things I like...crafts, giveaways, etc. Hardly anybody leaves a comment. That is too bad because everybody deserves props for the great things they do. So here goes. I have never gone the extra step with my fruit salad. But just as you said this one with the vanilla pudding flies. I know summer is over, but I'm posting this recipe on my pinterest site and keeping a copy in my recipe binder so that when a fruit salad is needed at a picnic or potluck, I'm going to use your version and watch it fly. Thank you Sarah. P.S. I pinned your balloon wreath on Pinterest and have had more than a dozen hits. They love it!

    ReplyDelete