Thursday, May 2, 2013

AM I OVERREACTING!





Am I overreacting…..
My daughter is in the 5th grade and this week she came home on Monday and told me that her school had been broken into and a few things had been stolen. She said that when they got to school that morning the front vestibule was trashed and a suit of armor and a bike were missing. Later that day they had the kids write a paper about the robbery and they where who asked they thought would do something so bad. They were asked to report anything they might know about what happened. I can tell you that personally my daughter was a little freaked that her school was so easily broken into so we talked about safety and how the person who did this was wrong. Good learning experience!
Then I get a phone call the next day and I am informed by a friend that the school staged the whole thing and that they are doing this as a Relay for Life fundraiser. Supposedly the children were shown a You Tube Video on Tuesday stating that if they wanted the knight back they needed to drop coins for “ransom” and then they would get the knight back!
Ok so here is my problem my daughter goes to a school that has 3rd, 4th and 5th graders. These children range in age from 8 to 12 depending on birthdays and age when enrolled in school.  I feel that in this crazy world we live in do we need to scare kids by making them feel unsafe in the school they attend.  The parents were not notified of the farce and they still have not officially told the kids that it was a prank. I feel like this was extremely inappropriate and that they would have been better served to do a more Where is Waldo theme. I am debating writing the school board and complaining and I crazy or am I overreacting? I would love your thoughts on this! Please let me know what you think on my Facebook Page!


No comments:

Post a Comment